Sunday, March 6, 2016

Eeny Meeny Miny Law

As some of you might know, Tanner has applied to law schools and as of yesterday, we've heard back from all but two schools. Here's our very first update on how the law school decisions are going! 

So before applying to any schools, I told Tanner that UCLA was looking really good to me. It's in the top 15, the weather is amazing, and we'd be close to the beach! I was set on UCLA. I knew he would get in, then we would move there, we'd have lots of debt, and it would be great! UCLA was the school until we heard back from other schools.

Visiting UCLA
The week after submitting law school applications, we quickly heard back from UCLA. They were impressed and called Tanner right away about the awesome news! This made me feel better about my gut feeling. I knew it. California and the perfect weather was definitely screaming our name. They also offered him 24,000/year which is half of tuition!

After a couple of weeks, we started hearing from Michigan, USC, Vanderbilt, Texas, Notre Dame and BYU. Michigan offered 15,000/yr, which is a third of tuition; USC offered 40,000/yr, which is 2/3 of tuition (it's actually pretty good but I don't know how I feel about living around USC); Vanderbilt offered $120,000 for the whole 3 years (I don't care to live in the East though so..); and were waiting to hear from Texas and Notre Dame about scholarships. Last but not the least, BYU. 

One nice afternoon, after getting back from our errands, Tanner received a big box from BYU. We were both confused because we didn't remember ordering something from there. We opened the box and it was filled with confetti, a nice water bottle, a travel charger, and a nice leather binder that contains papers, a letter, cards, and a usb drive. We already knew he got accepted before receiving the box so I thought, " Oh that's pretty cool how they accept students..." Tanner then quietly points to the letter which says that they are giving him full scholarship. Law school for FREE-NINETYNINE. This was, in a way, the worst news I've heard. We DON'T want to stay in Utah, we wanted to move to where they have a beach and perfect weather... and the beach. Teddy (our pup) would love the beach. 

Anyway, so far, Tanner got waitlisted at Duke, and U. Penn which is good because I don't want to live too far from the family in the East. It makes things easier for us. And we're currently waiting to hear back from Chicago and Stanford. Stanford would be great, we'd just like to know that he got accepted there, but it's probably not the place for us. 

Tanner and I would love to get some feedback on where we should go! As of right now, we are considering UCLA, BYU, and Texas! (only because I would like Chip and Joanna Gaines to make our maybe future fixer upper house). 

So, which school should we choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment